This combination of sweet, savory, and smoky beans make for the perfect addition to the rich flavor of Popsie's wild caught sockeye salmon.
Popsie's Sockeye Salmon with Smoky Beans
Popsie's Sockeye Salmon and Smoky Beans
Pairing salmon with beans is a terrific nutritional combination as they contribute healthy fiber and make the dish more satisfying. This is the perfect dinner to get warm and cozy around a campfire or on your couch!
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 2 Tbsps Smoked Paprika
- 2/3 Cup Passata (or blended whole tomatoes)
- ½ Cup Chicken Stock
- 1 Tsp Red Wine Vinegar
- Pinch of Sugar
- ¼ Cup Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1 14.5oz Can White Beans
For the salmon
- Bring the salmon to room temperature. Meanwhile cut a sheet of parchment paper to fit inside a large non-stick skillet.
- Pat the fish dry. Moisture is the enemy of a good sear. Season with salt and pepper.
- In the skillet over medium-high heat add olive oil and heat for 1 minute. Place the sheet of parchment paper down and add some additional olive oil.
- Place the salmon skin side down and cook until the skin has turned golden.
- Turn the fish over with a spatula. Cook until it feels firm to the touch, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a towel-lined plate to removed any excess oil before serving.
For the smoky beans
In a medium stockpot, sauté garlic in a generous pour of olive oil. Cook until just starting to color.
Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 5 minutes.
Where to Buy the Best Wild Caught Fish
Shop Popsie's Wild Alaska Salmon, Halibut, Sablefish and Cod Boxes